Usually a problem-based visit for sore nipples, plugged ducts, poor baby weight gain & more. For those who are breastfeeding well, it is reassuring to get the confirmation that baby has gained weight. It is invaluable to get help early on so the necessary adjustments can be made for the comfort of mom & continuation of breastfeeding for baby.
Mother's Milk LLC was founded in 2002 by Elizabeth Kehau Kealoha, Registered Nurse, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) & Indigenous Breastfeeding Counselor (IBC). Mother's Milk LLC is located in Waimea on the Big Island of Hawai'i. With over 20 years of experience assisting families with breastfeeding, Kehau has also championed the 2nd Baby Friendly designated hospital in the State of Hawai'i.
Mother of four boys, each with a different breastfeeding story, she can relate to the challenges parents face while breastfeeding. After the birth of her 3rd son, Kehau was able to return to work at 6 weeks, care for a busy family & successfully breastfeed for two years.
Mother's Milk's mission is to offer support through education, private consultations & access to breastfeeding products. Our goal is for your family to have a successful breastfeeding experience that exceeds your unique expectations. We're here to help!
Oatmeal confetti white chocolate chip, Oatmeal confetti chocolate chip, Oatmeal cranberry white chocolate, Oatmeal white chocolate chip
Contact us if you have any questions. Once we receive your email address, Mother's Milk LLC will send instructions to download a HIPAA compliant patient portal app on your phone or ipad. By pre-registering & giving us a descriptive history we will have more time to spend on you & baby. If you are unable to do so don't worry, you can fill it out at the appointment.
Mother's Milk LLC is a participating provider with UHA, Aloha Care & Kaiser Permanente insurance companies.
If you are a cash paying client & are enrolled in WIC or Medicaid, inquire about our discounts.
1. Email or call to schedule an appointment.
2. Fill in your information on the HIPAA compliant patient portal. This will be sent to your email by Mother's Milk LLC.
3. Location: office is located in Waimea or at your home (requests for home visits outside of Waimea require a travel fee).
4. We accept cash or credit/debit card for payment & is required at the time of service.
5. Bring any feeding or breastfeeding devices you may be using.
We have a breastfeeding pillow for your convenience.
Contact us if you'd like to schedule an appointment or have a question. If you are scheduling a home visit or office visit, you can expect a personalized experience for you & your baby.
1. Go over your pregnancy, delivery & breastfeeding history
2. Assess your breasts & your baby's anatomy & sucking ability
3. Work with you to improve latching & positioning
4. Measure the amount of milk transferred by weighing your baby before & after a feeding
5. Determine the likely reasons for the problems you're experiencing
6. Provide tools & tips to help you & your baby breastfeed more easily
7. Work with you to create a 48 hour treatment plan
8. Write a report about the consultation for you & your provider(s), upon request.
9. Unlimited Text/Messaging (secure, HIPAA compliant) support for 2 weeks (for initial reason of consult)
FOLLOW-UP VISITS: Depending on your breastfeeding goals & the reason for the visit, follow-up visits maybe recommended. Follow-up visits can be vital in reaching your desired goal & having a successful outcome.
Kamuela, Hawaii 96743, United States
08:00 am – 04:00 pm
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Saturday: By appointment
Closed on most holidays & observances
Contact your Primary Care Provider or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
Mother’s Milk LLC has taken the necessary precautions to ensure that safe care continues. Video appointments are available & encouraged. Kaiser Permanente is now covering these visits. In-person visits will be taken on a case-by-case basis. Mahalo!