Mother's Milk LLC was founded in 2002 by Elizabeth Kehau Kealoha, Registered Nurse, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) & Indigenous Breastfeeding Counselor (IBC). Mother's Milk LLC is located in Waimea on the Big Island of Hawai'i. She has over 20 years of experience assisting families with breastfeeding and has been instrumental in implementing evidence-based feeding practices in the hospital setting.
Mother of four boys, each with a different breastfeeding story, she can relate to the challenges parents face while breastfeeding. After the birth of her 3rd son, Kehau was able to return to work at 6 weeks, care for a busy family & successfully breastfeed for two years.
Mother's Milk's mission is to offer support through education, private consultation & access to quality breastfeeding products. Our goal is for your family to have a successful breastfeeding experience that exceeds your unique expectations. We're here to help!
Preparing to breastfeed & knowing what to expect can make all the difference in a successful breastfeeding experience. A personalized one-on-one consultation has shown to increase parents sense of confidence before their little bundle arrives.
Usually a problem-based visit for sore nipples, low milk supply, plugged ducts, poor baby weight gain & more. For those who are breastfeeding well, it is reassuring to know that baby has gained weight. It is invaluable to get help early on so the necessary adjustments can be made for the comfort of mom & continuation of breastfeeding for baby.
Returning to work & continuing to breastfeed can be challenging. Topics include bottle training, flange fitting, pumping & storing, knowing how much milk your baby will need & more.
Stickers are fun! Stick them on your water bottle, lap top or anywhere you'd like to make a statement. Size: 3x3 inches. Regular or Glitter
Stickers are fun! Size: 3x3 inches. Regular (as depicted in picture) or holographic.
Holographic stickers are printed on premium vinyl, coated with a protective laminate that makes them resistant to fading, scratching, tearing and water.
By appointment only. Once we receive your email address, Mother's Milk LLC will send instructions to download a HIPAA compliant patient portal app on your phone or i-pad. By pre-registering & giving us a descriptive history we will have more time to spend on you & baby.
1. Message us or call to schedule an appointment.
2. Fill in your information on the HIPAA compliant patient portal. This will be sent to your email by Mother's Milk LLC.
3. Location: office is located in Waimea or at your home. Covering Kona, Waimea and Hilo areas.
4. For cash pay clients, we accept cash or credit/debit card for payment & is required at the time of service.
5. Bring any feeding or breastfeeding devices you may be using.
We have a breastfeeding pillow for your convenience.
Contact us if you'd like to schedule an appointment or have a question. If you are scheduling a home, office or tele-health visit, you can expect a personalized experience for you & your baby.
1. Go over your pregnancy, delivery & breastfeeding history.
2. Assess your breasts & baby's anatomy/sucking ability.
3. Work with you to improve latch & position.
4. Measure the amount of milk transferred by weighing your baby before & after a feeding.
5. Determine the likely reasons for the problems you're experiencing.
6. Provide tools & tips to help you & your baby breastfeed more easily.
7. Increase & maintain your milk supply should bottle feeding be indicated or chosen.
8. Work with you to create a 48 hour treatment plan
9. Write a report about the consultation for you & your provider(s), upon request.
10. Unlimited Text/Messaging (secure, HIPAA compliant) support for 2 weeks (for initial reason of consult)
FOLLOW-UP VISITS: Depending on your lactation goals & the reason for the visit, follow-up visits maybe recommended. Follow-up visits can be vital in reaching your desired goal & having a successful outcome.
08:00 am – 04:00 pm
Monday - Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Closed on most holidays & observances
Contact your Primary Care Provider or proceed to the nearest emergency room.