Knowing what to expect & preparing beforehand can make all the difference in having a successful breastfeeding experience. Inquire about a private consultation in the convenience of your home or in our office. Also, ask about our group settings.
Usually a problem-based visit for sore nipples, plugged ducts, poor baby weight gain & more. For those who are breastfeeding well. it is reassuring to get the confirmation that baby has gained weight. It is invaluable to get help early on so the necessary adjustments can be made for the comfort of mom & continuation of breastfeeding for baby.
The goal of a breastfeeding support group is to encourage & support pregnant & breastfeeding women. Research has shown that having support you need during this stage of motherhood can increase your chances of continuing your nursing relationship. 1 hour group session(s), free of charge.
Also, inquire about the documentary film, CHOCOLATE MILK, coming in August 2019!
Mother's Milk LLC was founded by Elizabeth Kehau Kealoha, Registered Nurse & International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), in 2002; and is located in Waimea on the Big Island of Hawai'i. With over 20 years of experience assisting families with breastfeeding, Kehau has also championed the 2nd Baby Friendly designated hospital in the State of Hawai'i.
Mother's Milk's mission is to offer support through education, private consultations & access to breastfeeding products. Our goal is for your family to have a successful breastfeeding experience that exceeds your unique expectations. We're here to help!
Contact us if you have any questions. Once we receive your email, Mother's Milk LLC will send an email containing info to download a HIPAA compliant patient portal app on your phone or ipad. By pre-registering & giving us a descriptive history we will have more time to spend on you & baby. If you are unable to do so don't worry, you can fill it out at the appointment.
Did you know you can request reimbursement under The Affordable Care Act (ACA)? The ACA states that health insurance plans must cover breastfeeding support & supplies. I can provide documentation called a super bill to start the process. Ask them to assist you with reimbursement procedures. Get your Reimbursement Tool Kit @ https://www.nwlc.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/final_nwlcbreastfeedingtoolkit2014_edit.pdf
Mother's Milk LLC is a participating provider with UHA, Aloha Care & Kaiser Permanente insurance companies.
If you are a cash paying client & are enrolled in WIC or Medicaid, inquire about our discounts.
1. Click "Book" or "Contact Us" to schedule an appointment.
2. Fill in your information on the HIPAA compliant patient portal. This will be sent to your email by Mother's Milk LLC.
3. Location: office is located in Waimea or at your home (requests for home visits outside of Waimea require a travel fee).
4. We accept cash or credit/debit card for payment & is required at the time of service.
5. Bring any feeding or breastfeeding devices you may be using.
We have a breastfeeding pillow for your convenience.
Contact us if you'd like to schedule an appointment or have a question. If you are scheduling a home visit or office visit, you can expect a personalized experience for you & your baby.
1. Go over your pregnancy, delivery & breastfeeding history
2. Assess your breasts & your baby's anatomy & sucking ability
3. Work with you to improve latching & positioning
4. Measure the amount of milk transferred by weighing your baby before & after a feeding
5. Determine the likely reasons for the problems you're experiencing
6. Provide tools & tips to help you & your baby breastfeed more easily
7. Work with you to create a 48 hour treatment plan
8. Write a report about the consultation for you & your provider(s), upon request.
9. Unlimited Text/Messaging (secure, HIPAA compliant) support for 2 weeks (for initial reason of consult)
Depending on your breastfeeding goals & the work involved (time to assist you in meeting those goals), additional sessions maybe recommended.
Kamuela, Hawaii 96743
Monday - Friday: 8am-4pm
Saturday: By appointment
Contact your Primary Care Provider or proceed to the nearest emergency room.